Lime becomes the first shared electric vehicle company to achieve a full profitable year
After a year of record rides and revenue, Lime continues to lead the micromobility industry in helping cities deliver greener transportation for their people.
Today, Lime’s CEO Wayne Ting proudly announced a new record for our company: Lime is the first micromobility company to post a full profitable year.
Indeed, 2022 was a remarkable year for our six-year-old company. Lime delivered a record $466 million in gross bookings, a 33% increase from 2021, and hit an Adjusted EBITDA¹ of $15 million. We were also profitable on an unadjusted EBITDA basis. "It's encouraging as we work to decarbonize transportation to see more than 20 percent year-over-year growth in gross bookings every quarter last year," said Wayne.
Financial highlights for 2022 include:
- $466 million in gross bookings – a 33% increase from 2021
- 2022 Adjusted EBITDA of $15 million
- 20% YoY growth in gross bookings every quarter
- 120 million trips (that’s 4 rides every second in 2022)
- 1.5 million new riders (bringing us to 4 million active riders for the first time)
- 35 markets that doubled trips (vs. 2021)
- 90% win rate of competitive permits
With this latest achievement, we’re poised to extend our mission further in 2023. We currently serve 250+ cities worldwide and are committed to investing in communities by hiring locally, giving back, and helping more people reduce their carbon footprint through affordable and accessible transportation.
¹ Adjusted EBITDA represents EBITDA excluding certain items, such as stock-based compensation and non-recurring restructuring and settlement costs