Candidate Privacy Notice
Candidate Privacy Notice
Effective Date: June 1, 2022
1. Purpose and Scope
We at Lime are strongly committed to protecting your privacy. This Lime Candidate Privacy Notice (“Notice”) governs how Lime and its affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively “Lime,” “we,” “our”) collect, use, process, store, and transfer personal data (“Personal Data”) of all persons who apply or are considered for positions with Lime (“Candidate,” “Candidates,” “you”) anywhere in the world in connection with our recruitment of Candidates for positions.
2. Types of Personal Data Collected Lime processes Personal Data including, but not limited to, the following categories of
Personal Data: Contact Information: name, address, telephone number, email or other contact information.
Experience & Education Information: resumes, CVs, cover letters, prior employers, prior positions, dates of employment, language capabilities, professional qualifications, training courses attended, schools attended, academic transcripts, references (their contact information and the information references provide about you) or other information on skills.
Recruitment and Application Information: position(s) applied or considered for, desired compensation, location preferences, referral to position by a Lime employee, travel and expense records and other job preference and sourcing information. Interview Information: interviewer notes, assessment results and other information learned during the interview process.
Right to Work Information: information regarding residency and work authorization status (only where permitted by law).
Background Check Information: background check data, including criminal history and credit reference information (only where permitted by law).
Demographic Information: gender, race/ethnic origin, veteran status, disability status (completely voluntary, only where permitted by law and only used for equal employment opportunity monitoring).
3. How Personal Data is Collected
Lime receives most Personal Data directly from Candidates. Lime also receives Personal Data from other sources including: background check service providers, references that Candidates provide, previous employers, recruiting agencies, social media websites (i.e. career networking websites) and Lime personnel who are involved in the recruitment and interview process.
4. How Personal Data is Used
Lime uses Personal Data in order to administer Lime’s recruitment process. For example, Lime uses Personal Data to:
● Assess Candidates’ skills, qualifications and suitability for positions.
● Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable or permitted by law.
● Communicate with Candidates about the recruitment and interview process, including about potential roles.
● Prepare offers of employment.
● Keep records related to Lime’s hiring processes.
● Improve Lime’s hiring and recruitment processes.
● Comply with legal, regulatory or reporting requirements.
5. Cookies and Third Parties Technologies
6. How Personal Data is Shared
Lime may share Personal Data with the following parties:
● Lime subsidiaries and affiliates.
● Lime recruitment, HR and personnel involved in the recruitment and interview process.
● Service providers such as recruitment software, analytics providers, consultants and recruitment agencies.
● Law enforcement or other government authorities as required by applicable law.
Lime does not sell Personal Data.
Lime operates globally and therefore may transfer Personal Data to countries outside the country or region where you live. For example, Lime and our affiliates may have employees outside of your country that have access to Personal Data as part of the recruitment process. If you live in the EEA or UK, we transfer your Personal Data in accordance with the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission.
7. How Personal Data is Retained and Deleted
Lime retains Personal Data for as long as Candidates are being considered for a position with Lime. Once Candidates are no longer being considered for a position, Lime will retain and delete Personal Data in accordance with applicable law. Unless otherwise required by law, Lime will retain Personal Data for a period of three (3) years. Lime may retain information on the positions applied for, decisions made and reasoning for decisions made. If a Candidate is offered a position and commences employment, Candidate’s Personal Data will become a part of Candidate’s employee file and subject to Lime’s Privacy Notice for personnel.
8. How Personal Data is Protected
Lime maintains appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access
to Personal Data. Lime shall ensure a level of security appropriate to the risks that are presented by the processing, having all due regard to the state of the art, the costs of
implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing as well as the risk to Candidates. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of Personal Data. Lime evaluates these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
9. Candidate Rights
Candidates have a number of rights with regard to Personal Data including:
● Right to access Personal Data.
● Right to have any inaccuracies in Personal Data corrected.
● Delete Personal Data as described above.
● Object to or restrict certain processing of Personal Data.
● Receive Personal Data in an electronic format.
● Withdraw consent to the processing of Personal Data.
To exercise these rights, please email [email protected].
For Candidates in the EEA, UK and Switzerland: Without prejudice to any other rights Candidates may have, Candidates also have the right to lodge a complaint with their local data protection authority.
10. Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data in the EEA, UK and Switzerland
For Candidates in the EEA, Switzerland or UK, Lime and, where appropriate, its affiliates rely on the following legal bases to process Personal Data:
● Necessary to process Personal Data in order to carry out recruitment processes.
● Necessary to process Personal Data in order to comply with legal obligations.
● In connection with Lime’s legitimate interests, as described in section “How Personal Data Is Used.”
11. Notice Updates
This Notice may be updated from time to time. Candidates should check this Notice frequently to see recent changes. Any changes to this Notice are effective upon the Effective Date above.
Please email [email protected].