Lime Group Ride Feature Set To Expand Into US And Canada
Earlier this summer, Lime made headlines by becoming the first major e-scooter operator to allow riders to unlock multiple vehicles from a single host account. The feature, dubbed Group Ride, was made available in dozens of cities across Europe and Latin America.
Today, the global leader in micromobility has announced that it will soon be rolling out this exciting new feature in many North American markets as well.
Over the coming weeks, Lime riders in select cities across the US and Canada will be able to access Group Ride in-app directly from their iOS and Android devices. It’s important to note that all participants must still agree to abide by Lime’s Rules and Regulations before riding, including:
- Wear a helmet while riding
- One Lime per Rider (no passengers!)
- Abide by all traffic laws and ride responsibly (use designated riding areas)
- Don’t drink alcohol and rideRespect pedestrians right-of-way (park appropriately, yield to pedestrians)
- Be aware of road threats (be aware of potholes, anticipate car doors, and avoid wet metal surfaces)
- Test ride before you glide (it's recommended that first time riders take a practice run to familiarize themselves with the scooter before starting)
To access the feature, riders can simply tap the Group Ride button directly on the Lime map screen and then follow the step-by-step prompts. Guest rides can be started and/or ended at any time from the host account.
The Group Ride expansion comes amid a summer of exciting tech-related developments at Lime, including extended partnerships with Google Maps and Uber and the introduction of a global scooter reserve feature.