Lime’s number one priority is the safety and well-being of our riders. To help protect our riders and our community, we have teamed up with one of the world’s best insurance providers, Allianz, to ensure that you’re covered when you’re riding with Lime
What Insurance is Provided to Our Riders
Lime has obtained insurance coverage with respect to its own activities and the key risks to riders arising from the use of Lime and JUMP vehicles. Our riders in EMEA and Asia-Pacific benefit from the following insurance coverage, at no additional cost through an insurance policy obtained by Lime from its insurer, Allianz.
Rider’s Personal Accident Coverage
This insures a rider for bodily injuries that happen while riding a Lime or JUMP vehicle, even if it is due to the rider’s own mistake and not the fault of Lime. A rider is insured for the amounts in the table set out in the attached certificate based on the type and severity of injury.
Rider’s Liability Coverage
This provides insurance coverage to a rider for bodily injuries caused by the rider to other persons. Riders are also insured for damage they cause to other persons’ property resulting from use of a Lime or JUMP vehicle.
If You’re in an Accident While Riding...
- Check to make sure you and anyone else involved are safe.
- Reach out to local emergency officials as needed.
- Contact the Lime Trust & Safety team via our customer support channels in the app.
Contact Support in the app by going to Help >> “I was in an accident” to submit a report.
- Exchange contact information with the rider
- Take photos of the incident including the vehicle, vehicle ID, location etc
- Secure as much information as you can
- Once completed, attach all relevant information and email [email protected]
Please always wear a helmet, even if the regulations vary depending on the region, country and location.