Scrap your non-ULEZ compliant vehicle and receive 300 free minutes of e‑scooting!*
Encouraging Londonders to switch to more sustainable transport options, and reduce congestion and carbon emissions in cities is at the heart of Lime’s mission.
That’s why we’re proud to be partnering with Transport for London (TfL) for the launch of its new scrappage scheme, which will help Londoners prepare for the expansion of the Mayor of London’s Ultra Low Emission Zone (ULEZ) in August 2023.
We’ll be offering 5 free 20 minute e-scooter rides per month, for three months* to Londoners on certain means-tested and non-means tested disability benefits, that trade-in their non-ULEZ compliant vehicles, as we look to make alternative, more sustainable transport options accessible to all Londoners.
What is ULEZ and TfL’s scrappage scheme?
The ULEZ zone operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It was introduced to help clean up London’s air and requires cars driving in London to meet minimum emissions standards when travelling within the zone, or pay a daily charge of £12.50.
The ULEZ zone currently covers all areas within the North and South Circular Roads. But from 29th August 2023, it is being expanded to cover all London boroughs.
The newly introduced vehicle scrapping scheme aims to help low-income users prepare for the expansion by encouraging the scrappage or retrofit of older vehicles, and the switch to cleaner and more sustainable modes of transport.
To qualify for the discount you must fulfil ALL of the following criteria:
Live in one of the 32 London Boroughs, or the City of London;
Be on certain means-tested benefits or non-means tested disability benefits (the full list can be found here); and,
Have scrapped your non-ULEZ compliant vehicle through TfL’s scrappage scheme.
All applicants must provide proof of low-income and evidence of their vehicle’s scrappage.
This offer is only valid to residents who live in a London Borough, and is only valid on Lime e-scooters in London
This offer is valid until 30/09/2023*.
If you meet the criteria, applications for Lime’s offer will open from 30 January 2023 when the ULEZ scrappage scheme starts.
To apply, please fill out the form below.
Apply for Lime's ULEZ offer
Terms and Conditions
*Discounts will be added to individual Lime user accounts.
* Eligibility determined based on Transport for London’s list of means-tested benefits or non-means tested disability benefits. For more information visit: https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/scrappage-schemes.
* Offer valid on Lime e-scooters only in London.
* Free rides will be broken down into 5 x 20 minute rides per month, for three months. Rides exceeding 20 minutes will be charged at Lime’s standard rates as outlined within the app.
* Maximum of 1500 discount offers available.
* Offer valid until 30/09/2023. Lime reserves the right to cease offering the discount should the maximum amount of discounts be claimed, or if there are any changes to Lime’s operational environment.
* Promotional value, coupon code, and other discounts cannot be combined, stored, or transferred, and are not valid with Lime Pass, Lime Access, or for guests on Group Rides. To use discount code, you must be eligible to use Lime products and services, have a Lime account and agree to Lime’s User Agreement. Lime may update these terms at any time and may revoke any promotion or discount, for example if a Lime account has been flagged for any suspicious or fraudulent activity. Promotions and discounts are not necessarily applied in chronological order. Any unused portion of any discount for an eligible trip will not carry over to your next eligible trip.