Transportation to the polls is often a challenge for many Americans on Election Day, so we’re doing our part to help.
On November 6th, Lime will offer free rides to the polls to help Americans make their voices heard and overcome a barrier that may have kept them from participating in the democratic process.
In addition to providing access to our full fleet of shared bikes, e-bikes and e-scooters, we’re partnering with Vote.org and I am a voter. to share important information and encourage our riders to sign up for Election Day reminders and updates that will equip them with all of the resources they need to get out and vote.
How It Works:
- On November 6th, enter code LIME2VOTE18 to unlock any of our full fleet of shared bikes, e-bikes and e-scooters for a free ride to and from your polling location (up to 30-minutes) in more than 100 cities across the US
- Riders will also be directed to reminders.vote.org to sign-up for election reminders, giving them personalized access to information about registration deadlines, absentee ballot request deadlines and polling place locations for early voting and Election Day voting
- Lime riders will have access to I am a voter.’s state of the art text messaging platform, allowing them to receive up-to-the-minute election information, check their registration status, request an absentee ballot, find their polling place, and volunteer to get out the vote by texting VOTER to 26797
- On November 6th, all of our U.S. riders will receive an email reminder with Lime’s free ride code and supplemental details from Vote.org and I am a voter.
In addition, Lime is teaming up with ElectionDay.org to give all of our full-time employees the time off from work they need to both cast their ballots and volunteer for their local campaigns on election day.
Whether this is your first time reading about Lime or you’ve been a member of our community from the beginning, we are proud to continue serving our riders in innovative ways and providing them with new opportunities to be a part of a better future.
This November 6th, seize the opportunity and vote!
- Brad Bao, Lime Co-Founder
Lime promo codes and free rides are offered in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations, subject to Lime’s terms and conditions, and are not intended to induce, nor is it conditioned on, the act of voting, refraining from voting or voting for or against any particular candidate, political party or measure.